What's New? | Search with Google™ | Site Map | Return to Home Page | About the Federal Public Defender
Judicial Branch Documents
- Attorney Handbook - Prepared by the Clerk, USDC for WDPA, last updated January 2002.
- Benchbook for US District Court Judges - Fourth Edition, from the Federal Judicial Center. An ongoing compilation of information that federal judges have found useful for immediate bench or chambers reference.
- Local Rules - Effective July 31, 2003.
- Third Circuit Model Jury Instructions - Model jury instructions for both civil and proceedings, available in WordPerfect and Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Chart of Requirements for Appendix -
- Chart of Requirements for Briefs -
- Font & Page Length Requirements for Filing Briefs - dated August 2001.
- Internal Operating Procedures - last updated July 1, 2002.
- Local Appellate Rules - Effective 01/01/2002 (Please note that the Local appellate rules are organized to correspond to the numbering system of the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure).
- Guide to Filing Paid Cases - Dated May 1, 2003,
- Guide to Filing In Forma Pauperis Cases - Dated May 2003
- Guide for Counsel in Cases to Be Argued - Revised May 1, 2003.
- The Rules of the Supreme Court - Effective May 1, 2003
Other Judiciary Sources
- The Administrative Office of the US Courts maintains a library of publications, statistical reports, and forms.
- The Federal Judicial Center's Publications Catalog contains videos and documents in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
This page was last updated on March 26, 2008.